CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mission: Failed

Growing up our closest neighbor (1/4 of a mile away) was a family dairy farm. So when Jael asked how milk came from cows, I thought, "no problem." I try very hard not to raise "city kids." They know that bacon was once a pig and that Bessy the cow will become our hamburger. So I figured it would be good for them to go down to Zinie's dairy and see exactly how milk gets from cow to jug. Well, we went to my parents house for Easter weekend and on Saturday my Dad, Aaron, and my BIL took my kids and some of their cousins down to the dairy for the afternoon milking. They were down there for quite a while. I guess they watched them milk cows and played on the haystack and all sorts of things that every kid should do. When they got home I was talking to Anson and it went like this...

Me: Did you like seeing the cows?
Anson: Yup.
Me: Did you see where the milk came from?
A: Yup.
Me: So where does the milk come from?
A: (Looking at me like a total idiot) the hose.

Mission: Failed.

1 comments:

Tina said...

LOL. You are too funny!! LOVE the story!