CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Maybe when I'm...

My poor daughter is a sad mix of her parents. From her father she got her perfectionist traits. From me she got the trait of not doing things unless she does it really well immedietly (no practice). So what does that mean? She won't do anything unless it's done perfectly the first time. Her big thing right now is "Maybe I can do it when I'm five!" Trying to teacher her to tie her shoes? "Maybe I can do it when I'm five!" Pouring her own milk or juice without spilling? "Maybe I can do it when I'm five!" I'm thinking maybe I'll start a "Maybe when I'm 26" list. Concert pianist? "Maybe when I'm 26." Laundry all done everyday? "Maybe when I'm 26." That trick where you stick your feet behind your head? "Maybe when I'm 26." Okay so that one maybe never.


Between work school and church callings I never see Aaron. In the back of my mind for a while now I've been hoping he'd get a Sunday calling. You know, sunbeam teacher or something. Well he's getting a new calling. Now we're going from one meeting a week to at least two. Potentially more if things go well. I think the Lord has to have a sense of humor and right now he's laughing at me, well and probably trying to teach me something. I'm afraid if I don't learn fast He's going to have to make Aaron bishop or something!

1 comments:

Jenni said...

You know, they always say that the Men in the church couldn't perform the very involved callings without strong women to support them. Heavenly Father will bless you for supporting your hubby through the hard times. (aka never seeing him). Only one more week and we'll have Monday and Friday's open. :D woohoo!! And in a couple weeks Josh will have a normal schedule. sort of. :S another sort of woohoo!