CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Strawberries

Jael's big saying lately is, "IT'S NOT FAIR!!" Anytime she doesn't want to do something or doesn't like how things are going she squawks "IT'S NOT FAIR!" My response is pretty original (are ready for the creativity?) "Yeah well, life's not fair. Deal with it." Tonight we had strawberries for dinner. I put two on each of the kids plates, and left several in the serving bowl. As soon as dinner started Anson needed to make a potty run. Jael meanwhile downed her strawberries and one from the bowl, leaving one in the bowl. When she asked me if she could eat it I told her we needed to wait and see if Anson wanted it. Of course she tried to convince us otherwise. So I tried explaining that it wouldn't be fair for her to have four and Anson to only get two. She looked at me and said, "yeah well, life's not fair." At least I know she's listening, kind of, right?

0 comments: