CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pay Day

Yesterday Jael had an appointment with the ocularist (the guy who makes her shell). Just like usual she was a little upset (not anything like she was when she was a baby though. oy) I usually try to leave early enough so that we have a few minutes to sit in the car before we go in so that she can calm down and tell me when she's ready to go in. That way she feels like she has some control over the situation. As we pulled into the parking lot she started getting fairly upset. I parked and asked her if she wanted to say a prayer. She did, but she wanted me to say it, so I did. I asked that she be blessed with peace and comfort. Instantly she started to settle down and giggle. She said "I'm not afraid of anything!" So I starting singing "God is bigger than the eye prosthetic man" (think Veggie Tales) and she was laughing hysterically. We got up to the office and had the appt. the whole time she's talking and laughing and just having a ball. As we were pulling out of the parking lot afterwards, I told her I was really proud of her and that she did a great job. She looked at me and said, "That's because Heavenly Father gave me peace and comfort through the Holy Ghost." Pay day.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

*teary eyes* Thanks for sharing Jaels sweet story.

Meza said...

That's so cool Karli!! I love these small simple experiences that make it all worth it. Similar thing happened when I found out Ashlyn needed glasses. Daekon was a huge support. Your kids are cute and we enjoy your blog. Ashlyn loves looking at Jaels pictures.

Brenda said...

Awesome moment

Robin @ Bird On A Cake said...

What a great story!! On the irreverent side...I totally laughed at your improvised song! I can picture you singing it. Laura would be proud. :0D