Jael's been studying the different continents in school. To add to the lessons we've been making food from each of the continents. Some of them were pretty easy, buy I've been drawing a blank on Africa. Jael was less than trilled with the thoughts of Moroccan Bean Soup. Go figure. I have a good friend whose husband lived in South Africa until he was 15 or 16, so I emailed her to see if she had any. Being the saint that she is, last week she mailed me an extra copy of a cook book from SA.
So on Monday I got news of a second unexpected death in as many weeks. On Tuesday I finally picked up the cookbook to flip through it. It'd been a crappy day. A really crappy day. It's been a couple of lousy weeks, to put it mildly. Anyway, I came across this recipe and it gave me a laugh when I really needed it. So I thought I'd share. Thanks Sheena.
Hippopotamus Stew
Ingredients:
One Hippo
Brown Gravy
Salt and Pepper
Two Rabbits (optional)
Directions:
Cut hippo into bite-sized pieces. This should take about two months. Add enough gravy to cover. Simmer over low heat for 4 weeks at 265 degrees. This serves 3,800. If more guests are expected, two rabbits may be added. Caution! Add these only if necessary, as most people do not like hare in their soup!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Soup
Posted by Karli at 8:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment