I had a post about ready to post about how Murphy moved in this weekend. Sometimes the world throws curve balls though and I feel the need to take just a minute and tell you all what I'm grateful for.
1) I'm grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and His atonement for me. It brings me great comfort to know that he felt all of my pains and my sins and is the only one who truly knows how I feel. I'm grateful that through his atonement I can return to live with my Heavenly Father.
2) I'm grateful for my sweet family. It amazes me that they love me so unconditionally.
3) I'm thankful for this country. Yes, both of the likely presidential candidates are morons, but what other country has the same freedoms we do?
4) I'm thankful for my home. It may be an apartment, and the water heater may run out of water quickly and there may be mold in my bedroom carpet (see the Murphy post to come), but it's so much more than many people have.
5) I'm thankful that we've never gone hungry. No matter how tight things have gotten, they've never been that tight.
6)I'm grateful for a lot of little things. My washer and dryer. My dishwasher. A bed to sleep in and blankets to keep me warm.
7) I'm grateful for summer camping trips and ripe peaches. I'm grateful for good friends. I'm grateful for rainbows and freshly baked brownies. I'm grateful for children laughing and children sleeping.
There is so much good in this world.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Gratitude
Posted by Karli at 7:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
SOUNDS LIKE YOU'VE HAD A DAY!! PLEASE EXPAND!! BUT I'M GLAD YOU CAN BE THANKFUL FOR ALL YOUR BLESSINGS. I OFTEN THINK OF HOW LUCKY WE ARE IN THIS DAY AND AGE - ACTUALLY I WOULDN'T EVEN SAY LUCKY - I WOULD SAY SPOILED - A LOT OF THINGS WE HAVE WE TAKE FOR GRANTED BUT THEY AREN'T NECESSARY FOR LIVING!! WE NEED TO ENJOY WHAT WE HAVE THAT'S FOR SURE!!
I am grateful that we are friends!!! Thanks for keeping me entertained at dance.
Karli, hope your trip was safe and all went well. Thank you for helping me remember the good things in life, we truely are blessed.
hey carli, this is Jo (used to be Simper). I was at Reann's tonight and told me about your blog, I think blogging is so fun and such a great way to keep in touch with others--it so makes the world just a little smaller. So i'll check in on you from time to time
Post a Comment