CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My $.02

In case you missed it... I'm not pregnant any more. YAY!! One of these days I'll get to typing up the birth story. Until then though, I just had to comment on something I've noticed, and found funny. This time around we planned a home birth with and amazing midwife. The minute people find out we're doing a homebirth you can just see it. They have visions of my midwife, who I'm sure is named Sunshine or the like, driving and old VW bus painted rainbow colors. There I'm sure she smokes her marijuana and sings kumbaya, while waiting for the birth of my child and praying to mother earth for a safe delivery. Usually I get a comment something along the lines of "Wow! You're really brave," and then they quickly change the topic.

Sorry to break the misconception folks. Couldn't be farther from the truth. Rebecca, my midwife, drives a very nice silver Toyota sedan in which she brings to my house everything we need including oxygen, pitocin and other medical tools in case we need them. She also has two masters degrees in nursing and twenty years experience in a hospital L&D. I guess on the hippie side, she does have really long hair. It's easier to pull back and keep out of the way.


Rebecca and Tiernan

1 comments:

Marie said...

Heehee... this post made me laugh (in a good way)...
That is one cute baby!